Whence Episode 71

podcast71

This was the conversation! I didn’t even have time to whip up a Kris on Kris. But do not fret — we will return after a week of post-PAX catchup.

11 Responses to Whence Episode 71

Your sanity & sleep is more important. Rest up, and return twice as strong next week. :)

2. Harry Seaward says:

Kris, your baby is far less important than blasting it. How dare you.

The staff at RegionCon are freaking out wondering whether you guys are actually going to show up or not. Their backup panel plans are currently: "I Was Almost Hired as Chargehand Standby Propman on Guardians of the Galaxy; Ask Me Anything About Why Mitch Niclas, Who Actually Got the Job, is a Jerk" and "Doctor Who: Robots of Sherwood Retrospective – One Hour of Laughing About How Stupid that Arrow Scene Was"

Both of which sound pretty awesome to me! I'm lining up now! Rest up, guys.

• frostyplum says:

I knew you would not disappoint when it came to RegionCon, Kyle.

I think I do want to sit down and have a discussion about the Robin Hood episode of Doctor Who.

WHAT IS HAPPENING THIS SEASON!? We were promised the world! We've been delivered … not the world. Something feels way off and I'm not entirely sure if I can explain exactly what it is.

I'll take a shot at what you might be feeling. Capaldi's Doctor is throwing back more to how Eccleston played the role with more cynicism and judgement. He's meant to feel "darker" but to set that against a silly episode like this so quickly… they're playing against the characterization before they've even fully established it! That's weird.

That said, I thought the last episode was pretty good (especially for a Dalek episode) and I'm also keeping in mind that Matt Smith's 2nd ("Beast Below") and 3rd ("Victory of the Daleks") episodes weren't all that great, but then we got hit with the fantastic "Time of the Angels" episode and some other really good ones and a crazy season finale following that. So there's still hope to be had.

Oh, and Clara is a lot better than when she was just a "mystery girl" set piece. So that's nice.

Have you watched last night's episode yet? I just finished watching it. It's better than the first two, definitely.

4. David says:

Post-PAX Ketchup™ – The taste that makes you zzzzzz!

You've mentioned, frequently, your respective levels of busyness and minimal sleep needs. I can't imagine the point you must be at right now to warrant skipping a podcast week.

Get to it!

ExtermiNite! (I've just started watching Doctor Who so I say it in a dalek voice now, "Exterminite!".)

6. nukefudge says:

mr. kris, where did you find this "sleeping character"? all my keyboard lets me do is ŽŽŽŽ, which is nowhere near as fancy.

7. BostonSean says:

and here i thought Kim Cattrall had managed to shut down the show for good.